The pandemic outbreak of COVID-19 has spread throughout the globe with unprecedented speed and impact.
While human suffering and losses are tragic, the disruptive effect on the global economy is equally worrying. The effect of the virus disrupts global supply chains, reduces sales revenue, liquidity and increases the overall risk of the credit cycle turning with all its consequences directly threatening the financially weaker elements of the economies out of business.
This webinar investigates the effect of the pandemic with the largest impact felt by small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). Making things worse is the fact that many lenders now view entire sectors of the economy as off-limits as far as providing business loans and working capital due to the fact that businesses affected by the Coronavirus may be incapable of bringing in enough revenue to be able to payback their loans.
In the second part of the webinar, the speakers will explain the benefits of Accounts Payable Finance, also referred to as Supply Chain Finance or Reverse Factoring.
Although Accounts Payable Finance helps buyers and suppliers optimize their working capital and improve liquidity existing solutions are not easily scalable and are focusing mainly only on just a few large strategic supplier organizations with substantial trade volumes, leaving the substantial number of SMEs with no access to financing.
In the third part of the webinar, the Payables Finance Module of the Marco Polo Network leveraging blockchain technology is being presented. The Marco Polo Network with over 30 of the leading trade finance financial institutions focuses specifically on supporting the tail-end SME suppliers with various structures to provide working capital finance and responding to the key requirements of the current market environments.
101 Blockchains hosts this webinar on Responding to COVID-19 with Blockchain-Enabled Payables Finance, presented by:
- Dani Cotti, Managing Director, Center of Excellence, Banking & Trade, TradeIX & the Marco Polo Network
- Claire Thompson, Executive Vice President, Enterprise Partnerships at Mastercard
- Alisa DiCaprio, Head of Trade and Supply Chain at R3
Webinar Discussion Topics:
- Keeping businesses, supply chains, and the economy intact requires rapid intervention.
- Innovative financing solutions focusing on SMEs and global supply chains are a necessity.
- Such solutions require rapid onboarding, simple integrations and low-cost deployments.
On-Demand Webinar, Watch NOW for FREE!