IOHK is on the search for a cryptography engineer, possibly remote to work closely with our current cryptography team and provide safer and more efficient systems for data. The ideal candidate will be a great addition to our team with amazing creativity and love for coding to be part of our Technical design team. You can work remotely for this position. You can also work in a remote location and still be supported by IOHK’s remote work culture which links up on GitHub and Hangouts.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure all data is well protected and secure
- Analyze and find any security vulnerabilities in the system and figure out how to cover them
- The structuring of new code to be used by other team members in the teamwork.
- Design of the front end of websites and ensuring the establishment of user-friendly interfaces.
- Cross-browser and cross-device compatibility issues and building a responsive interface for both large screens and mobile screens.
- Image and design editing using: Sketch and Photoshop.
- Work with available team or teams to update all the security system procedures.
Requirements and Skills
First of all, we shall need you to have completed a degree in software engineering and having a considerable amount of relevant knowledge in computer science.
- You need to want the job; have love to do what you have come to do in order to ensure the right amount of productivity.
- Ability to work well with others since no man is an island and you are definitely going to be working with teams of other specialists.
- Ability to build responsive and mobile design for websites.
- You should be a self-motivated person who can take initiatives and can solve the problems pretty quickly.
- As this is a remote job we will communicate via Trello, Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, so, you should have strong internet access and you can access these programmes.
- Completion of a relevant degree such as Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Finally, you must be well conversant with GitHub / Github Pages / BitBucket.
When hired, the job comes with various work benefits to ensure a comfortable and yet productive work environment. They will be discussed upon hiring.