Blockstream is searching for a Software Engineer to join the team. For this job, it is important to comprehend the blockchain technology, open-source, and software development.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Collaborate with your colleagues in order to solve problems and achieve companies' goals.
- Use your mathematical knowledge to analyze and develop software.
- You need to be able to determine clients' needs and apply that knowledge in practice.
- Design and test the software.
- Use algorithms and flowcharts.
- You need to be able to work sometimes in a stressful environment.
- Use your technical skills and work on solving problems when they occur.
- Update your knowledge all the time and improve your skills.
Requirements and Skills
- Familiarity with the Open Source platforms and their maintenance.
- Contributions in the Open Source area will be considered as an advantage.
- Any influential and remarkable projects on GitHub and StackOverflow would be very appreciated.
- Practical knowledge of Oracle, PL/SQL, ASP.Net, HTML, CSS, XSLT, etc.
- Experience in programming and platform maintenance will be considered as a plus.
- The logical and analytical way of thinking.
- You will need to be systematic and disciplined, but also very organized.
- Experience with C/C++ and Java.
- You will need to possess knowledge of asymmetric and symmetric cryptography.
- The experience with Bitcoin, both as a user and as a developer is very appreciated and required.
- Understanding of distributed computing and distributed systems is necessary.
- Excellent mathematical skills and experience with cryptography.
- Experience and extraordinary achievements in developing complicated software systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer science is a plus, but the Company is willing to consider the applicants that have intellectual achievements, even if those achievements aren’t in the expected field of expertise.
- Solid CS background.
- Previous experience in the information technology and financial services industries.
- It is preferred that you send a Cover Letter with your resume.