As the topmost software platform when it comes to digital assets, Blockchain is also offering the most enormous production platform worldwide. We, at Blockchain, only want the best for our future so we are building an accessible, fair financial, and open future through improving and making one software each time.
We, at Blockchain, are searching for a Senior Software Engineer, Platform who can join our SRE team in London. Our development team is working with serious matters in the line of cryptocurrency space but still, we are able to secure scale the financial platform who has something to do with a huge number of people’s lives every day. The ideal candidate. will be driving the technical discussions, influencing the approach and making a positive impact on the team's development by advocating the best engineering practices
Responsibilities and Duties
- Must be able to develop, manage, and design our company’s networks, servers, and storages.
- Must know how to manage, configure, and troubleshoot the company’s network appliances, servers, and storages.
- You will also need to learn about an array of open-source technologies such as Kafka, PostgreSQL, Redis, Cassandra, RabbitMQ, etc.
- You should have skills to manage and improve our rapidly growing user base of 27M+ wallets.
- Must know how to automate the management as well as the development of other resources.
- Must be able to do the optimization of the current system in order to build scalability and infrastructure.
- Make use of different and numerous options of tools as well as the technologies to use.
- Must be responsible when it comes to proper operation & high availability of data centers.
- Must be willing to work with the team of developers.
- Must participate even in on-call rotations.
Skills and Requirements
- Candidate must show integrity by all means as it is one of the most important traits for the company.
- You must show enough knowledge about Linux and Unix administration.
- Candidate must know about protocols, services, and network architectures.
- We are looking for someone who has experience in at least one JVM based language such as Java, Kotlin, Scala, etc
- Candidate must know something when it comes to network appliances as well as the best practices in our data centers.
- Candidate needs to be passionate about learning something new especially when it comes to technologies, designing distributed systems, and troubleshooting.
- You must be familiar with scripting languages like Go / Java because it’s a bonus.
- You must be familiar with Kubernetes, Mesos, and OpenStack.
- Working with bitcoin protocol or even have a knowledge about it is a plus.