Input Output HK (IOHK) is looking for an Open Source Manager that will be able to work with The Program Office division and provide the best open source practices and support to software developers, operators, and leaders. Open Source Manager will also evaluate the existing practices and improve them. IOHK needs someone who will understand the goals of the company and use technical knowledge to achieve them.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide adequate open-source strategy and policies that are understandable and easy to achieve.
- Provide necessary information related to an open-source strategy using the appropriate communication paths that are easy to navigate.
- Create seminars and teaching videos that can be used within a company, but also outside the company.
- Collaborate with other members of the company and manage the open-source program.
- Reinforce the team members in updating, organizing and applying the open source methods to software that is necessary for the strategy.
- Manage tooling automation as well as processes that refer to people.
- Adapt open-source practices to company goals.
- Question existing methods and find a way to improve them.
- Use Google’s open source policies to find the best methods for the company.
- It is important to represent IOHK at conferences and to advise associates about these conferences.
- Collaborate with the marketing team and promote the technology inside and outside of the ecosystem.
- Collaborate with companies' legal team and consider license agreements and options.
Requirements and Skills
- Communication: You need to be able to sell the concept and use different approaches while presenting plans and evaluations.
- You need to be organized, eloquent and culturally adaptable.
- You need to use your existing technological knowledge to achieve the objectives of the company.
- Evaluate risks and find the best options so you can merge all open-source policies and methods into IOHK processes.
- 10 years of experience in software development and at least one open source project that is recognized.
- Experience with Github, Travis CI, and open source tools.
- Understanding licenses and programming languages.