At Consensys, the Open Source Technical Writer should be responsible enough to make sure that all the product’s documentation is correct, clear, and can be easily used. An Open Source Technical Writer is expected to help the company’s users thrive with the developer tools. Being an Open Source Technical Writer, you are entitled to collaborate with other engineers in the company and able to provide a document’s first draft to come up with new features. In this role, you will be joining other teams in promoting customer loyalty as well as their success through the development of content and delivery. We, at Consensys, is looking for a highly skilled and efficient Open Source Technical Writer who can deliberate and do the entire job of the said position without compromising the quality of work. Furthermore, the successful candidate should know to understand and use the codes that will be used in the documentation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide new and unique documentation like user guides, video tutorials, technical support documents, and FAQs for key features of the company’s open source software which is the Ethereum along with tools of a command line, documents of API reference, and architecture.
- Fill in and improve the gaps in a library and suggest new topics.
- Working with product managers, experts in subject matter, and developers in an editing environment.
- Review and edit the content made by other people for technical clarity and accuracy.
- Assisting the team of marketing in making other resources as well as thought leadership such as case studies, white papers, and tear sheets.
- Providing honest and unbiased feedback to the team of the product about how the usage will be easier for the users.
Skills and Requirements
- Superior communication skills in both verbal and written form.
- At least five years of experience on working with software documentation especially in technical products.
- The successful candidate must able to work under pressure with less supervision and without compromising the quality of work and outcome.
- Degree in BA or BS is required.
- Experience in using CSS, HTML, and Git as well as having an in-depth knowledge about the programming language.