We are looking for someone who can be held accountable for owning, building out, and enhancing our DevOps capability throughout the company. The person in this role will work in collaboration with the CTO as well as the development team to set up and improve the provisioning, monitoring, and maintenance of the not just the development but also the production stacks.
Responsibilities And Duties
As the Head of DevOps, your responsibilities and duties will include the following:
- You will have to automate and streamline all our operations and processes.
- In addition to building and maintaining the desired set of tools for deployment, monitoring, and operations, you will also have to troubleshoot and plan solutions for our own development/test environments as well as for our clients’ environments.
- You will have to work on improving and hardening the security of the Terraform setup for enterprise beta and production environments.
- Another key responsibility will be to create guides and instruct the developers on the use of DevOps infrastructure.
Skills And Requirements
- More than 5 years of experience as a DevOps Engineer in a commercial environment
- More than 2 years of general experience with Docker
- More than 1 year of experience with Docker Swarm or Kubernetes
- Experience with CI processes and tools
- Strong ability to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues
- Bash programming/scripting skills
- Knowledge of Linux
- Extensive familiarity with one or more major cloud providers
- Professional experience of managing and operating solutions
- Knowledge and experience of Terraform and Packer
- Experience with one or some of these provisioning tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt or equivalent
- Experience of working on ELK and Prometheus stacks
- Experience of working with Hashicorp Vault or other secret sharing options