BitPay is searching for someone who will work as a Director of European Compliance and make sure that all laws and compliance regulations are respected. You will be supervised by the Chief Compliance Officer and work on managing European compliance requirements for BitPay B.V. You will build compliance teams and supervise compliance program. This job also includes writing reports, managing documentation and following certain regulations. It will also require excellent technical knowledge and ability to work under pressure. The Director of European Compliance will lead activities and work on expanding the banking relations.
Responsibilities and Duties
- You will be responsible for European compliance actions and activities.
- Oversee and manage the team for European Compliance.
- Assist in the application process for EMI (European Money Institution) license.
- Support and develop European banking connections.
- You will need to be a European mediator for all regulatory exams, but also internal inspection.
- You will be in charge of compliance strategies and development.
- Responsible for documentation control and training, but also for the improvement of policies, strategies and compliance systems.
- Establish compliance with the laws that apply and norms and regulations.
Requirements and Skills
- You will need to have a minimum of 5-7 years of experience in managing and leading.
- Experience in financial services and compliance program in a Bank or any Financial Services firm will be considered as an advantage.
- Familiarity with FinTech and cryptocurrencies.
- The hands-on approach and good performance in stressful situations.
- Resourcefulness, eagerness and ambition and the qualities that are highly appreciated.
- You will have to possess leadership skills, build compliance teams, and manage several tasks.
- Manage projects, and write reports, operating guidelines, and presentations.
- You will have to travel on an international level.
- You will have to be passionate, curious, and use your knowledge and technical competence in solving problems.
- Working hours will be flexible since the job includes international traveling.