The Blockchain is seeking a talented and experienced Data Center System Network Administrator. You will become a part of our London SRE group, as we join hands in solving some of the most captivating and thought-provoking issues in the crypto world. Your job would be to work with the development team and keep an eye in the day to day tasks. The ideal candidate will also be able to computerize the coordination and arrangement of our data centers assets.
Responsibilities and Duties
- You are expected to create, build and coordinate our data centers framework: servers, storage, networks.
- You are expected to build, coordinate, correct and rectify our servers, storage, and network devices.
- Computerize coordination and arrangement of our data centers assets.
- Get engaged in an on-call arrangement.
- You are expected to work cooperatively with other developers.
- Make use of different nonproprietary technologies and tools available.
- Develop and improve current systems for scalability and create a comprehensive architecture.
- You are to be reliable and dependable for the large accessibility and appropriate coordination of our data centers.
Requirements and Skills
The candidate should have the following requirements so as to be considered fit for the position:
- The leading and principal quality for this post or any other position at Blockchain is honesty.
- Should be a proficient user of Linux/Unix coordination.
- Should have an excellent understanding of network infrastructure, protocol, and services.
- Should possess a good background understanding of network devices and work ethics for data centers.
- You are passionate about learning new software, troubleshooting and developing comprehensive distributed systems.
- Should have good background knowledge of programming and scripting languages.
- Should have knowledge of virtualization structures (Mesos, OpenStack, Kubernetes).
- Bonus: Background understanding of the bitcoin protocol.
The candidate shall also be given the following duties to carry out:
- Create and primarily build an open, accessible data infrastructure.
- Support in tackling some of the most captivating problems in the crypto world.