Circle is seeking an experienced and talented Corporate Controller. As Corporate Controller you will have a close association with legal, compliance, finance, and product. Your responsibilities will include management of a team for both direct and indirect reports. The ideal candidate will be Responsible for any/all accounting including an accounting of derivatives in both loans and options. You will be working with the legal department and will be reporting to the CEO.
Responsible and Duties
- A mentorship role to team members providing both professional development and coaching for the accounting team from Ireland, the UK, and the US.
- Establish frameworks for financial reporting including controls.
- Set up long term monthly close processes which must include any/all consolidations.
- Teamwork across divisions of tax, auditing, external compliance advisors and as well internal advisors.
- Initiate audits using standards such as US, GAAP, or IFRS.
- Responsible for any/all accounting including an accounting of derivatives in both loans and options. This includes purchasing, transactions within the company and transfer pricing. Work closely with legal department and compliance.
What you will bring to Circle
- Must have thorough knowledge and experience of at least 10 years in accounting. Your knowledge base will include financial reporting, controls, and be familiar with auditing.
- Skills include the ability to work for a privately held firm that is international and high-tech. Must be familiar with and have experience in a fintech environment.
- You should bring excitement and work passion to the team.
- Have a high understanding of accounting and finance.
- You will have strong communication skills to communicate with others and customers.
- Proficient with and able to work with senior staff on highly complex accounting concerns.
- Experience will include 6 years of big 4 experience as well as 2 years at management level.