The IEEE International Conference on Blockchain and Cryptocurrency (ICBC) 2020 is scheduled as a four-day event taking place from May 3rd to May 6th, 2020 at the cosmopolitan metropolis and blockchain international hub of Toronto, Canada.
It is the second edition of the successful IEEE Communications Society-sponsored conference that took place last year covering topics of blockchain and cryptocurrency.
The event is organized primarily as a forum to facilitate a productive exchange between researchers and practitioners, covering the latest research and innovation, regulation policies, standards, and new industries adopting the distributed ledger technologies.
Throughout the four-days, the conference will be segmented into events for keynotes, tutorials, presenting peer-reviewed technical papers, exhibitions, and practical demonstrations.
Topics of Interest
IEEE ICBC 2020 is focused on covering a broad spectrum of topics related to Blockchain and Cryptocurrency, and is looking for submissions of technical papers and tutorial proposals on the following topics:
- Distributed Consensus and Fault Tolerance Algorithms
- Scalability and Performance Issues
- Distributed Database Technologies
- dApps and Services
- Decentralized app development
- Smart contracts
- Application of Blockchain in Security, Privacy, Attacks, and Forensics
- Monitoring and Analysing Transactions
- Regulations and Policies surrounding Cryptocurrency adoption
- ICO, Coin Exchanges, and Digital Wallets
- Risk Management
- Distributed Trust
And the likes.
It goes without saying that the topics are not limited to these categories and can branch out as long as it is contributing something important to the world of Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technologies.
With submission for papers still going on, we don’t have a complete list of all the delegates who are going to appear at the event. However, we do have some renowned names that are going to own the committee chairs.
Organizing Committee General Chair
- Kostas Plataniotis - University of Toronto
- Andreas Veneris - University of Toronto
- Salil Kanhere - University of New South Wales
- Grigore Rosu - University of Illinois
- William Knottenbelt - Imperial College
STEERING COMMITTEE CHAIR
- James Won-Ki Hong - POSTECH
STEERING COMMITTEE MEMBER
- Raouf Boutaba - University of Waterloo
- Burkhard Stiller - University of Zurich
We still don’t have an official schedule or agenda showcasing the timetables of the different events taking place during the conference. An official announcement should soon be out following the last date of paper submissions.
Registration for the event hasn’t started as of yet. Similar to the program schedule, we are expecting an announcement closely following the submission deadline.