European Blockchain Convention is a one-day event that is going to take place in Barcelona. It is the leading conference in Europe where more than 600+ regulators, investors, tech leaders, developers, corporations, and entrepreneurs join from the blockchain industry.
Their aim is to provide world-class content from the best minds and also give everyone networking opportunities to seek partners or business relationships.
They will discuss about DLT and real-life blockchain applications from different sectors including government, healthcare, supply chain, mobility, and retail.
- Attendees - 600
- Panels - 10
- Speakers - 40
- Hours of Networking - 40
Right now, the agenda has not been completely set. However, they do have a preliminary agenda which is as follows.
- Welcome and Opening Remarks by Victoria Gago and Daniel Salmeron
- Digital Society and Identity: Blockchain for Public Sector by Pelle Braendgaard
- Financial Markets Infrastructure & Services within the DLT era by Scott King
- Central Bank Digital Currencies & innovation in Payments by Thomas Moser
- Coffee Networking break
- Regulation in the evolving payments landscape in Europe
- Blockchain in Logistics & Supply Chain by Sunny Lu
- Trends in the Global Legal Landscape of Distributed Ledger Technology by Joshua Klayman
- EBC Networking Lunch
- Security Tokens - Enabling new Business Models by Robert Wiecko and Thomas Borrel
- Keynote Presentation by Sunny Lu
- Optimization of business processes with Blockchain in Infrastructure and Energy sector
- Short Networking Break
- Blockchain Technology for Healthcare Data by Anca Petre
- Blockchain Technology Technical Aspects State by Pavel Kravchenko
- Misunderstanding of when to use Blockchain by Henrik Hvid
- Networking Cocktail
Currently, they are only offering virtual tickets for their convention that is going to take place on 21-22 September 2020. They have fixed 1500 tickets.
The price is not yet disclosed, but they will have three types of passes.
- Delegate EBC
- Delegate EBC + RACE by EBC
- Executive PASS
All the tickets will give access to the full virtual conference. You will also get proper networking opportunities where you get the chance to meet investors, industry leaders, developers, advisors, startups and regulators.
They are adding new speakers to the European Blockchain Convention Barcelona every week. The ones that are already confirmed include the following.
- Peter Kerstens, European Commission
- Michael Kumhof, Bank of England
- Maria Concepcion de Monteverde, Banco Santander
- Joshua Klayman, Linklaters
- Sunny Lu, VeChain
- Scott King, ING
- Carlos Carriedo, American Express
- Sue McLean, Backer McKenzie
- Roberto Fernandez Hergueta, everis(NTT Data company)
- Dirk Bullmann, European Central Bank
- Victoria Gago, European Blockchain Convention
- Laia Ruiz, RSM Spain
- Mai Santamaria, Department of Finance, Ireland
- Gonzalo Perez del Arco, Amercian Express Europe
- Ivan Basart, Validated ID
And many more!
The venue for the European Blockchain Convention is the World Trade Center Barcelona - Auditorium. It is designed by Henry N. Cobb, the U.S. architect. You will get access to four buildings with light-filled spaces, open-plan, and luxurious hotels.