Blockchain and Smart Contracts: Transforming Energy Industry is an interesting conference that aims to discuss the energy industry and the impact of distributed ledger technology on it. It is a small event, and you can gauge it by the following statistics. The event will take place in the Das Reinisch hotel, Vienna, Austria. The dates for the event are 10-11th April 2019.
- Speakers: 25
- Interactive sessions: 25
- Days networking: 2
- Participants: 50
However, the small scale of the conference should not let fool you about its usefulness. It offers excellent content and the ability to connect with like-minded people.
We all know how blockchain technology is introducing transparency, and that’s also true for the energy sector which can utilize trust, transparency, and efficiency of a blockchain network or distributed ledger technology. The use of public ledger means that the transactions are updated publically and aimed to improve the energy sector. Using DLT, also means that no data can be corrupted, erased or changed. The next version, Blockchain 2.0 with smart contracts provides automation and brings the game to the next level.
Speakers - Blockchain Conference Austria
The event has a good list of speakers. Some of the key speakers are listed below.
- Verbund, Director of Strategy Corporate Development, and Innovation
- Pylon COO
- Flexidao, Co-Founder and CEO
- Sonnen, Team Lead Blockchain Development
- Enervalis, CEO
- Enexis Group, Enterprise Architect
- Greeneum, Founder
The conference will cover a wide variety of key themes. They are as follows:
- The state of the energy market - unlocking blockchain.
- Opportunities and challenges of blockchain - energy disruptors
- Alignment and sustainability - The Green Blockchain
- Exploring blockchain’s potential for the energy industry’s future.
- Identifying new business models and innovative trends.
- Local energy communities - implementing blockchain
Key learning benefits
There are crucial many learning benefits of attending the conference. They are listed below:
- Learning about the blockchain technology fundamentals in the energy sector
- Blockchain’s role in carbon emission reduction
- Opportunities, challenges, and current development of blockchain adoption in the energy sector
- Business models and current innovation trends
- Role of local energy communities regarding blockchain.
Industries participating in the conference
Four industries are participating in the discussion.
- Cyber Security
Who should attend the conference?
Anyone related to the following sectors or topics can join the event. It includes the following.
- Digital Transformation
- Smart Grids
- Asset Management
- Energy trading
- Cyber Security
- Electricity Market management
The schedule of the Blockchain and Smart Contracts: Transforming Energy Industry is as follows:
- Business card exchange
- Energy Web Foundation - Blockchain in the energy - Case Study - Scytale Ventures(EWF Affiliate)
- Revolution or evolution - Blockchain in the energy sector - Case Study - PwC Deutschland
- One Tech to Serve Us All? - Blockchain - Case Study by E-Control
And much more!
- End users - EUR 1599
- Service Providers and Consultancy Companies - EUR 1999
- Online Documentation - EUR 59
Should you visit the event?
The event is aimed at the energy sector. So, if you are from the energy sector, we recommend checking what the event has to offer.